Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Plug for Blog and Mablog

Recently I have been on a Doug Wilson kick. I have known about Doug Wilson for years through reading a book by him,  hearing his name tossed around in conversations about the Auburn Avenue Controversy, listening to classical school teachers rave about incredible educational conferences with him-- and OH! I do remember reading through some Credenda Agenda magazines years ago and laughing my head off! However I have never read enough of Wilson to really appreciate his writing (apart from those few magazines!).  My current Wilson "phase" started a couple weeks ago when I purchased the film, Collision: Is Christianity Good for the World?  This documentary follows Doug Wilson, a devout Christian, and Christopher Hitchens, an articulate atheist, around the United States as they debate their two opposing positions. It’s a fascinating film if you ever get to the chance to see it. Both men share a respect for one another (not to mention an appreciation for P.G. Wodehouse). In the end, depending on which set of presuppositions you carry into the debate will probably determine who you think does the best job in the debate. Anyhow, after seeing the film I started reading Wilson’s blog, and I have just thoroughly enjoyed it. It never ceases to challenge, humor and provoke me. I absolutely LOVE it. Check it out! One thing is for sure, you will either love or hate Wilson, but you will not remain neutral! 
Reasons I like Blog and Mablog:
Diverse Topics
Thoughtful
Logical
Biblical
Edifying
Witty
Sarcastic
Straight forward
Insightful
Clever

1 comment: